Sunday, July 08, 2007

Forth of July



To kick off the city's Forth of July activities, Tyla and some of the other girls in Girl Scout Troop

# 102, presented the US and Texas flags to everyone participating in the festivities. She really enjoyed doing this but she says that it was hard for her to do. She said that the flag war really heavy. The girls held the flag throughout the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem. I am very proud of her to say the least.
There did not seem to be much there this year so we did not stay very long. There was a few vendors there with some neat stuff but not much I would have wanted to come home with. Tyla decided to go play with one of her friends and Shelly, Brenton and I went and ate lunch. For the first time in a long time, I got to take a nap. Brenton and I took a 2 hour nap in my recliner later that afternoon. It was great!
Later that night we went off to the park for the annual fireworks show. This years fire works seemed to be better than I've seen before. Believe it was well worth fighting traffic for. Brenton was not really amused with it as much as I thought he would be. He did not fuss or fight. All he really wanted to do was sleep.

No comments: