Thursday, March 25, 2010

Only Being Able to Use One Hand Is For The Birds

Had surgery on my right hand yesterday. Carpel Tunnel Release. All is good except I can't use it at all right now. Some pain but not unbearable. Originally, they said that i would be in a cast but final decision was just a splint. I will be able to take it off and shower a little later today, so thats a good thing.
I was really wondering how I would be able to function but surprisingly doing quite well. Slept decent, but was quite uncomfortable come 7:00 this morning so i didn't get to sleep in. I decided to try and check email this morning and after changing the mouse settings to accommodate my left hand, I was able to get it down. A little cumbersome but seems to be working. I am quite amazed at how well I can type with one hand. I have to look at the keyboard while i type (which I normally don't do) but am doing good.
I have really only had 24 hrs to get used to this but have realized that i have taken a lot for granted. just putting on my jeans this morning was a chore. Try brushing your teeth with your left hand (or your right for all you lefty's out there). For me, i had to think about it.... seriously... was really slow going.... ohh, putting deodorant on is just as tough. Gonna shave here in a little bit, not sure how thats gonna go...

No comments: