Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I Got Over It! He He

I've been bitchy here the past couple of weeks but have done something about it! As I posted in the last post, finally got the denture work done that I needed ( I bet Shelly's glad about that).

The important thing is that I have actually done something about Getting Over Being Butt Hurt about the foreman's position I didn't get.

The meter tech position, I DID NOT get because I do not have experience. And that's OK! So I applied again with IT Department. I had the Human Resource Department call me Yesterday about it. All was good except I had to have my supervisors approval to transfer. All I could think through the conversation was "I'm Screwed, I'll never get out of this place". HR did say the reason for the approval was because they did not want a troubled employee to be transferred to another department just to be troubled in another. Very Understandable.

So I came home last night and got my balls out of Shelly's purse and sent my boss a text message that I needed to talk to him and it was important. He text back that he would make sure and find me on the floor as soon as he got there. (its really sad, but to get my boss to communicate with me at all now is through email or text when HE is available. In person is almost impossible.)

My boss approached me this morning, here is what I told him:

"I am going to come right out and say it. I have another shot at getting on with the IT department." In a stern, demanding voice I informed, "I am Not asking for your permission; they are requiring that you send HR the OK for me to transfer to another department. What I am asking of you is to send Mrs. [XXXX] the OK." The OK is meaning that I am not a troubled employee..... (all right, that's debatable sometime but....)

He did tell me that he could not hold me back and that he would have to find someone that I could train to do what I do and do it right. (I've actually been begging for help for a long time). After asking when they want the position filled and me telling him that I need the interview to find out, he stated, " I have to talk to my supervisors and let them know. They do know that I am short handed and I don't know what that's gonna do and ......"

So I've got to keep my balls for a while.

Kind of nice, even though the counter weight between the teeth that are gone and the
extra weight that I'm not used to, is throwing my equilibrium off...

No comments: