Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Interview Update

I had my first of two, maybe three iterviews today with the IT Team at SandRidge Energy. An over the phone interview, that was just a nerving as actually meeting these people in person.

For the first time in my life I had an interview that consisted of more than 2 people. There were supposed to be 6, I think, that were in on the conversation.

As far as formal interviews this was only the second in my life that actually considered more infuses on what I had to say about myself and accomplishments than what my resume said.

After 30 minutes of answering general questions about what I have done and my accomplishments (giving me time for bragging rights included), I was informed that a person to person interview was a definite. I didn't mention salary since the interview contained several of the IT Team, but was informed by the interviewer that an immediate contact with HR would be about just that. Does that sound promising? I think so!


There was a negative that was stated a few times through the conversation that I didn't like to much. I was informed that it was important that my boss not be put in a bind due to a possible move of me to another department. OK, that could be a positive... just means there is someone else that could hold me back from getting out of the shop. That "someone else" is the one that I need to train to do my job which my boss has yet to find.

I have been very conservative on what the interview consisted of and responses I have made. I may very well have damaged my chance of getting the transfer by saying what I have but I am confident. If it does not work out than I am certain that there are far more chances out there.

No comments: