Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Work, Home and The World

I had to post two pics today just because I figured out how to upload them. I am using Hello as Blogger suggested. Very neat! I have a couple of friends and co-workers that saw and marveled over my blog so I must give them something to harass me over tomorrow. (Don't be surprised to see some oddball, and maybe even crude comments about certain posts, which are welcome and expected!) Don't be offended if you see something about a stupid Jew, or a f&#$%n beaner, It's not intended to target anyone but me. (especially since neither exist!)

Not much happened today at work, slow actually. (that a good thing) One of my co-workers who never emails any of the Tech staff, sent us an email today. The subject: "very cool....." And the body contained a link: http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0412expo2.html The co-worker seems to emphasize the fact that we "Windows" users bitch and complain too much and should give up and use a MAC. I do bitch moan and complain about my computers that I use at home and at work. However, spending $4000 plus on a single computer is way out of my league. Yes there is a reason there are $400 PC's out there that get infected with viruses the minute they connect to the internet, and you have to have such thing as firewalls and virus scans and adware/spyware removal tools, PC Cleanup tools, and and and and......(must I go on?) Its what I can afford and what I have only know(75% or more of the population of the world would more than likely agree) Argue with me! Go ahead!

Nothing new on the home front, just the kids enjoying their Christmas Vacation. It's been nice outside so the kids are out on the trampoline and running around. Quiet tonight since my daughter is at a friends doin the girlie slumber party thing (Poor Tim, he he he) and my wife is in bed, resting up for work early in the morning.

I know this is already getting old but cannot help but say more about it. The tsunami disaster is now(after 4 days) is all over the news. Its about time we knew more about it. And I found a site (thanks Jack) that gives even more insite on the situation. Its the same site that gives info on certain underlined words when typing an instant message using the updated version of Trillian by the way!

Anyway, the death toll is expected to reach 100,000 plus by the time all is said and done with the worry of infection and disease on the rise.

"We're facing a disaster of unprecedented proportion,'' said Simon Missiri, a top Red Cross official. "We're talking about a staggering death toll.''

I just cannot get over the fact that it really happened. God, please be with these people!

No comments: