Monday, December 27, 2004

Work Rant and Email Humor

Christmas has come and gone, and Today Is a Monday, just twice as bad. The call load seemed to have doubled today since the office was closed for the holiday and the weekend. Working for the local internet office has shown me that people cannot live with out their internet or their email for even a hour much less a day. I received calls all day saying that they have called for help with their connection all weekend and wanted to know why they did not get a call back. Our customers must think we are supposed to be available 24/7 and at their beckoning call, even on Christmas Day. Mind you we are only a small internet company of only 4000 customers or so. WE ARE NOT AOL or SBC. Seems as though the customers I deal with think we are huge and most are shocked to find out we are not from Timbucktoo with a harsh foreign accent. If you are gonna read my Blog, you are gonna probably hear me rant on this subject some more.

But here is something, I got a very funny call today and seemed to go something like this:

A gentle man calls and says that he is not receiving any email at the address we set up for him last week. I checked to make sure that everything was set on our side for him to get mail and even sent him a test mail. Wanting to make sure he had him mail client set up right I then asked him "What do you use to get your mail." The gentleman said that he was not sure what I meant and then I asked again, "What do you use to retrieve your mail?" The man paused for a second and calmly said, "Well, I use the Post Office." I had to mute the phone and laugh out loud. Don't guess he was associating who he called and what he was asking about with the question I asked him.

You would not believe the calls we get sometimes. I will post more as they come along.

1 comment:

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.