Friday, January 21, 2005

Another One From Work

Here is a new one for Work section.

An older gentleman called and advised he was not able receive his mail. I first asked if he was able to dial up and get a connection. He said no because he was using the line that we were talking on. I asked him if he was able to connect when he was not using the line and he said no because it said his user name and password was incorrect. So after we established the fact that it was his connection and not his email, I attempted to have him change the user name and password through the internet options under the control panel, but he could not get there. Come to find out he had windows 95. Uggg,! I have a 60 plus year old man who knows nothing about computers and does not want to listen, and a windows product the is so obsolete even I don't know how to work with it. I told him to close every thing that he was in and said immediately that he had done this. Surprised I asked him to click on his start button. He said he could not because he closed everything. I asked him what he saw on his screen, he said the screen was black. I told him to turn his computer back on and he immediately said it was up and going. He had turned his monitor off. Another UGGGGG! I finally got him to bring up his dial up screen and had him retype his password, he still could not get it right. After talking to one other Tech's on two separate occasions. We finally just changed the password in our system to the one that he was trying to use. He finally got connected.

No comments: