Thursday, January 13, 2005

Blogging = Termination of Job?

Here is another "What the Hell!" I am beginning to think I should name the blog that!

Jack, a fellow blogger, posted this on his site. I happen to notice some links on the right about being fired for blogging. This woman was fired for posting "inappropriate pictures in uniform on the Web." She was employed by Delta Air Lines, by the way!

The Bloggers' Rights Blog also gives a list "of organizations that have fired, threatened, disciplined, fined or not hired people because of their blogs"

I for one post several things about the company I work for and only believe it to be free publicity. I do not, in anyway, wish to bring offence to anyone there or want to harm its integrity. (For God's sake, they are the one's signing my pay check, and maybe giving me a pay raise in a few months.) [smiling real big and winking a few times!]

Yes my boss will be reading this tomorrow, I am sure. Just remember, your the greatest!
*********
UPDATE! I did a little more looking around, thanks to the post from governor who also posted comments on the situation, and found that the pictures were a little more than just casual photos. I still do not think it is grounds for termination but........ Click here to go to her blog
Maybe I should do more research before I post!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Oh wow... I posted a comment about the exact same thing but I wonder about Ellen Simonetti's motives behind the "Bill of Rights."

On the other hand, there's a link on my blog to Cubichell which allows for anonymous bitching about workplace activities. Most of the time it's pretty dark and quite candid about co-workers and bosses. Some of the posts are downright scary in the actions people take against co-workers/their company.

I suppose the lesson learned with all of this is the value of remaining anonymous.