Wednesday, January 12, 2005

New Virus

I had one of the people we associate with IM me today and a say that she heard all over the news that this new computer virus is compromising the the boot up of Windows. Its horrible and must be taken care of....bla bla bla (I am not questioning her integrity, just her panic.) She said that CNN had a big story on it and it was world wide. I searched CNN's web site and only found this at the bottom of the page. I haven't seen anything else that would indicate a wide spread virus. So I did as she suggested and ended up downloading the new Windows Update. I closed my Outlook and got a message saying that the file "Normal already existed in Word" and would I like to save the changes in template file?????" What the hell is up with that.

Then, when I just Knew I had to check for the virus, I opened Norton and it stated that I must reinstall it. WTF. I did that, (Stupid OR What?) After all that, in between reboots, I searched for some answers but found none. I closed everything, and finished reinstalling Norton and I gave up and went home. I attempted to access my computer to check on the status like normal and It would not let me. Again, WTF! I know that its the security bull shit, But DAMN!!!!! I just about give up.....But, on second thought, isn't that what they want you to do! Hmmmm!

No comments: