Sunday, November 04, 2007

"I'm Not Gonna Tell You Again, Put The Lid Down!"

"I'm not gonna tell you again, put the lid down!" I heard that over and over and over but never listened. Jake Wulf did though!





I remember all the years that my mother bitched and moaned about putting the lid down on the commode. (and no I did not say "toilet" for obvious reasons, those that know me will get the joke here... HA!) It has become a habit now to put it down for several reasons including, but not limited to: keeping the dog from drinking out of it and (I hate to say this) deter my son from playing in it.
Jake took this to a new level and I believe he should get all the credit. This is a fantastic invention, however, "He said his family has considered seeking a patent for it, but that might cost too much. There's also a chance a national company might catch wind of it after Friday's show."
Jake and his family should have all rights to this invention since it was his idea and he created it. For a 9 year old to something like this is just phenomenal. I have to say, let this boy shine. Let him keep the one thing he has actually worked hard on to improve his everyday life and let HIM see the benefits from it, not some major corporation that has stolen or taken ideas for sheer profit.
Though it may come in handy here in the next year or so with my son being a year old now and potty training soon it might be a smart investment, however I don't think that I will buy one if I know that It was not going to benifit/help Jake and his family.

No comments: