Sunday, November 25, 2007

Watch Out for Online Job Applications

As with most job seekers, I have my resume posted on Monster.com and occasionally recieve emails that show interest in my resume. I received one from VeriResume that actualy looked promising and legit. It asked for me to post my cell phone number and provider and then upload my resume. (First thought, why are they asking for my resume if they already have it.) I went to research the company that they are supposidly repersenting, and they mention nothing about the position that VeriResume is looking for. ONLY to CONTACT THE HR. DEPARTMENT FOR THAT POSITION. The William Morris Agency does exist and does have job opening, but I personally qualify for NONE! Here is the email I got:
Dear Scott ,
I recently saw your resume online and I think you would be a great fit for one of our clients, the William Morris Agency. They are looking to hire an accounting clerk, and considering your background, I think you would be a great fit for the company. WMA is looking for an entry level accounting clerk. A degree in accounting or finance is a plus, although not a requirement for this position. New grads are encouraged to apply. As an accounting clerk for WMA, you will need to be detail oriented and consider organization a priority. WMA offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package to the right candidate. Joining the team at WMA means you will be a part of the largest and most diverse talent and literary agency in the world, with offices all over the world, including New York, Beverly Hills, Nashville, London, Miami Beach and Shanghai. If you would like to apply for this position, please click on the link provided below and fill out the online application. *(Link deleted for safety reason) Expect to be contacted one or two business days after submitting your online application. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Regards,Rose Snyder
According to Tabatha Marshall's "Something's VeriRotten with VeriResume" information and research, I found out that I was almost subject to acts of a spammer/phisher. There are mixed comments on her site but most are against VeriResume.
So let me say, watch what your doing, do your research, and again...if its too good to be true...

No comments: