Sunday, June 15, 2008

Carpel Tunnel Syndrome

I have had this Carpel Tunnel crap for a while now and am really getting fed up with it. I started out with just wearing a brace. It helped some but not really. Then the doctor put me on some medication (I forget what its called) to help with inflammation and pain. Since that didn't work, I went back for the next step, a cortisone shot.

After 45 minutes of sitting and thinking about how much its going to hurt, nervous sweat running down my forehead, the doctor finally came in. He explained that this was the last step before having to perform surgery. And now its time. I really hate shots so here goes..... They mix latacain with the cortisone, to help with the pain. I have to tell you that the shot was not bad but it did hurt. I could instantly feel a cool fuzzy feeling in my thumb then the rest of my fingers went to sleep. The cool fuzzy turned to warm tingle. The pain was really intense right at the spot of injection. There was instant relief, No Pain. I actually was not feeling much of my hand at all. The doctor put my hand in a fist and cupped his over it, rolling it back and forth. I could feel the medication flowing through my fingers, very wild sensation. My hand was real stiff for most of the day, but No pain!!!! Yesterday every joint hurt but not intensely. Today, I have very little pain. You know when you bump into something and you get that half second of pain, its very tolerable, but enough to say "ouch". It seems to be getting better each day! Just hope it lasts. The doctor said that it could last a week, a month or 6 months. One of the other doctors said she had 1 single injection and the inflammation never returned. A friend said that he had the cortisone shot in his knee and never had any problems with it after that. So lets see what happens. It's really nice to get rid of one of my nagging pains. Now if I could just get rid of this pain in my ass called "A Job" I would be even more happy..... and that is a new post coming up next. So stay tuned for the continuing saga of my pathetic life...... right here on your favorite blog Flight Of An Eagle.

No comments: