Sunday, June 08, 2008

Amazed

This is amazing. I have never had this many people view my blog. According to Feedburner, my post about the supposed "Tornado South of Fort Stockton" has 435 visits in the last 30 days.

Someone even posted comments about it on an Audi Forum site. Its funny, I don't believe this person really read my comments about the picture very well. He/She wrote:


Sorry Folks, but the image is a FAKE. Here, it says the tornado was at a different rig in March, not April. Weird? Naw, just fake. http://flightofaneagle.blogspot.com/2008/04/tornado-south-of-fort-stockton.html The tornado and lightning are real, but the rest is photoshopped. The image is from 2006 from Florida, not 2008 from Fort Stockton, Texas. Snopes isn't always right, but since the tornado and lightning were posted in 2006 and updated on Snopes in 2007, this can't be Fort Stockton in 2008. Note that it was reported to be from Missouri before being reported from Texas, but without the oil well. http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/sedalia.asp I was suspicious as I don't recall the radio tower south of Ft. Stockton or the trees. <>
O well, glad I gained a few more readers. And by the way, SandRidge does have a few rigs that drill for oil, but these are drilling for gas. There is a radio tower out there, you just can't see it from the road.

No comments: