Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Got Over It, Or Did I?

I posted about not getting the foreman's position a few days ago, being all butt hurt and all the mixed feeling. I did get over it and now glad that its not my position. Our big boss convinced Corey, the former foreman, to stay on as a mechanic, which helped tremendously. But things seem to be in chaos. David is not doing a bad job but is making a few decisions that I don't think are quite right. Without getting anybody in trouble, one of the many examples that I could give you are, he flipped a coin to give me an answer to a problem I had the other day. It was a $500 part that I had to replace. He also made the call to replace an alternator when the battery was bad.. not the alternator. I don't think that that's right but...........you make the call. When I have had to make decisions like that I have always asked for a second opinion. According to another co-worker you should always allow the person working on the unit to thoroughly go over the problem before making a snap decision. I agree. but I am not in charge so... and something else other department heads are bitching about us not getting the trucks out faster and how nothing seemed to get done. (keep in mind, I alone, work on 12 or more trucks in one day) So the solution was to drop work on all pickups and trailers and only work on big trucks (18 wheelers). All the Ford's and Chevy's we have that need work will go to some one else like the Ford or Chevy House! Mind you, one of the last trucks that we sent up there, took them 3 MONTHS to get to. So I don't think this is going to go over very well. We were also told that when we work on Saturdays that all we are supposed to fix is the air conditioners. Mind you the trucks may be falling apart and not running but the air conditioners are going to be working great! Go Figure.

I give up! So I have made up my mind. I am going to approach my boss and inform him of the transfer I want to make. I am wore out and burned out with the position I have and will do what it takes to get away from it. Even if it means going to work for another company!

I plan on going to work, within the company, to work for another department being a measurement tech. They read and repair meters for the rigs. I am told its easy work, good pay, and they get quarterly production bonus' too. Being a mechanic, the only time we get any kind of recognition, or bonus or praise of some kind is during Christmas where the bonus' are company wide.

In a way, I brought this on myself. I wanted to be a pee-on that just did his job making lots of money with no responsibility. I have outdone that and proved my self too dependable/responsible. I've got to quit doing that!

Life is good otherwise and I am just going to take it all in stride. A war may brake out but in the end I will win. I think what I need to do is get my balls out of Shelly's purse and just say what I have to say!

No comments: